ViewAQC 2023 is used by 7 of the 16 ENR 2022 Top 500 Design Firms are using VIEWAQC: Jacobs, AECOM, Tetra Tech, HDR, Parsons, Black & Veatch, and Gensler. ViewAQC has been updated and is now available for BIM projects using Revit 2023. As a Revit application providing management of live view references across multi-model Revit projects, ViewAQC’s unique functionality is critical to coordinating large BIM project document sets to cross-reference views between multiple Revit models. No duplication of Revit views or sheets is required. As quoted by most ViewAQC users…
“VIEWAQC IS HOW REVIT SHOULD WORK FOR MANAGING VIEW REFERENCES ACROSS A MULTI-MODEL PROJECT”
ViewAQC Return on Investment
ViewAQC is a 26 Degrees Software QAQC application designed for referencing and coordinating Revit sheet views of a multi-model, multi-building Revit project. ViewAQC does not require any duplication of any Revit views at all. Instead, ViewAQC allows any Revit view on any sheet, in one Revit model, to be referenced into any other Revit model. These Revit views include any drafting or detailing views, 2D or 2.5D plan, section, elevation model views and any 3D model isometric or perspective views. Thus, a view reference tag of a “typical condition” from Model A can be placed into Model B, Model C, Model D and will automatically update as changes occur in the source sheet or view numbers in Model A.
As you may know, native Revit does not allow the referencing of “typical” sheet views from one model into another. The industry suggested workflow requires each user working on any multi-model Revit project, to understand how to create “duplicate views & duplicate sheets” per Revit model in order to place “typical project” detail view references. These view references are not linked between Revit models and thus all coordination of these view references are done manually. From our 7 years of research, each Revit user spends an estimated minimum of 2 hrs/week or 8 hours per month manually managing and coordinating these duplicate Revit views and callouts. At a billable rate of $50 per hour per user, this equates to $400 per Revit user, per month to maintain this unreliable workflow.
When compared to the alternative workflow outlined above, ViewAQC typically pays for itself in the first month of use per user, and provides a coordinated document set of live “linked” view references across the multi-model Revit project without the manual coordination effort.
ViewAQC can be used on projects using Revit 2021, 2022 & 2023 on your office network server and/or with Autodesk BIM 360, Collaboration for Revit (C4R) and Revit Server. The purchase of ViewAQC also includes training, project setup, technical support and the conversion of one set of your office Revit graphic family references into ViewAQC family references.
CHRISTINE CAVATAIO, SENIOR VP & CHUM SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
“Our project team of 150+ Revit users working on 41 Revit models in ten CannonDesign offices around the world needed a tool to reference common details from model to model. ViewAQC™ provided a QAQC workflow that leveraged the management of sheet view callouts across a 6,000 sheet, Phase 1 architectural package set. Due to the pace of the project, we did not have the time to manage Revit callouts by “duplicating” views within each model.”
- Updates detail number/sheet number of any view in a Project model automatically in existing references placed across all other project models.
- Monitors references for broken links, intentional or accidental, and prompts for resolution.
- Updates to references in project models are logged into Comma Separated Value (.csv) files including date, time, model name, and username.
- Easily creates customized reports identifying any or all references in a set of documents. Quickly identify any references that require an update and issuance / re-issuance, based on submission criteria.
- Enables compilation of a set of vetted details based on best practices to drop into a project (of any size) and immediately begin referencing and customization, saving time and increasing profit.
- Enables management of all detail components in a single Revit model, reducing maintenance and magnitude of change on large projects.
- Reduces project model size by not having to store detail component families across multiple models.
Revit out-of-the-box does not have the ability to create references to views from another model. ViewAQC offers this unique functionality, critical to coordinating a large project’s document set. ViewAQC also increases efficiency for projects of all sizes as they approach construction documentation, allowing a set of best practice details to be quickly and easily incorporated and managed. Please request a live (videoconference) demonstration at your convenience today!